Thursday, 21 May 2009

Invitation cont...

Sorry Guys and Gals...for the big gap (of course only if you were keenly following this)...

As I had already told you I am not a habitual writer, and currently with IPL in progress, it is not helping me either...always occupied with one or the other game...

Now that my team (Rajasthan Royals) is out of the competition, I can concentrate on this blog...

Now coming back to invitation that I discussed about in my last post. I discussed with you different kind of invitations that we have printed. We have sent all the invitations to those who are outside the city. We are yet to invite some very close relatives who are within the city. Not that they do not know the details of the marriage, but it is a custom to go in person to invite them. We have to distribute the invitations to our neighbours as well. I have not given the invitations to my friends in the office. I will do it next week.

When I talk about invitation, it is a printed card with some quotes, name of groom and the bride and details about the marriage in an envelope. These cards have to be purchased separately and then they have to be given in a printing press. When we get the invitation cards printed, the person who is printing the cards does not put these cards into the envelope. It is the responsibility of the person who has ordered for these cards. Why I am taking pain to explain this is because there is an entertaining aspect to this. I found putting those printed cards in the envelope very entertaining. Do not ask me why. But indeed I enjoyed it.

There is one more aspect that has become part of inviting people. This is through email. There are several innovative ways for doing this electronically. But the simplest of all and most common way is to scan the printed invitations and then send it across by mail as an attachment.

I think I have written too much. In the next post too I will continue with the topic "Invitation". I will touch the controvertial part of the process...

So wait and wait and wait as I do not how long will be your wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment