Tuesday, 5 May 2009

A sedate start

May 1,2,3
I came back to Chennai in the early hours of May 1. I reached my home around 2 AM in the morning. Then I slept and as expected I woke up very late, around 11 am.

When I woke up, I did not have any plan. But my mom informed me that she wanted me to accompany her to couple of my relatives to invite them for the wedding. It was really hot outside and I was not very amused by the idea. But I decided for it as I had to do it sometime sooner or later, I thought sooner the better.

We decided to go to couple of my cousins who lived in nearby locality. We left the home very late in the evening and thus could visit only one of my cousin. So finally I had jumped in to the long process of the wedding.

May 2 was Saturday and I woke up late once again. There were few invitations that were to be posted. We were short of the postage stamps, so I went to the post office to purchase the stamp. It was scorching heat outside. I came back with the stamps. We pasted them on the envelopes. Apart from heat outside, the other deterrent to the proceeding was the IPL tournament. So Saturday was practically a no show day.

On Sunday too, I did not do much. But my mother and youngest sister went to my father's uncle's house. I guess it was some 30-40 kms away from my house. They left in the afternoon and came back late in the evening.

So I must admit that it has been a sedate start, something not to my liking. I guess I have to pull up my socks and get going...or I should say better get going...

No comments:

Post a Comment